Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:42:43 UTC
Search for "files". Get a list of docs.
Search for "JPG". Get no list, even if it appears on previous search.
Wiki running on Ubuntu Linux 6.06 LTS
MediaWiki: 1.8.2 (r14403)
PHP: 5.1.2 (apache2handler)
visited from 220.127.116.11
Retrieved from "http://calvin/wiki/index.php/Special:Version"
Accessed from Win XP SP2 IE 6 or 7.
See the FAQ.
*** Bug 13423 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
We could work around this by applying a transformation on input to bypass the server-wide length limit. Lame perhaps, but at least it would make things work for people. :)
Created attachment 5477 [details]
Also cleans up the use of /e modifier (which isn't allowed in new code at the moment) for the rest of the function in question, splitting out into callback functions.
Essentially, it just prefixes any words 4 chars or shorter with 'SMALL', bringing them above the threshold.
We might want to consider looking for certain 'stop' words and disallowing those regardless...
Fixed in r43920 -- Short words are padded so they now get indexed. Yay!
Adapted part of Werdna's patch, with some additional cleanup:
* Using 'U00' to pad instead of 'SMALL' to reduce false positives (eg search for "small*" could match "Smallville" and "SMALLc")
* Checking server's ft_min_word_len variable to see if we need to do anything. This preserves index compatibility with existing installations which have customized their index length.
* Some further cleanup on redundant code -- just toss everything through lc() and be done with it :D
* Cleaned out some more evals in zh and yue classes :P
* Fixed yue class to call the parent adjustor properly
The fix for this seems to have caused bug 17733.