Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:48:30 UTC
In DefaultSettings.php we see
* Permission keys given to users in each group.
* All users are implicitly in the '*' group including anonymous visitors;
* logged-in users are all implicitly in the 'user' group. These will be
* combined with the permissions of all groups that a given user is listed
* in in the user_groups table.
the problem is that this is extra not clear. I could write a patch but
I'm not clear about it. What's not clear about it? I'm not clear. Tag
it for clarification, please.
Or delete the sentence and just tell them maybe in
it will be explained. Empty as of now.
I've attempted to refactor the page on MediaWiki.org so it's a bit clearer
what's going on. The page was moved to Manual:$wgGroupPermissions and then the
redirect inexplicably deleted.
We should probably just update DefaultSettings.php to refer people to the more
comprehensive documentation, which, by the way, is located on a wiki so you can
edit it if you feel it's appropriate to do so.
The redirect was deleted because it is in the PD Help: namespace. It is a shame
to break the few external links pointing into the namespace, but redirects like
this break one of the fundamental aims of the PD help project which is to
provide a help namespace that is completely self-contained.