Last modified: 2014-11-19 11:22:28 UTC
Evaluate which resource loader modules really need position => top and remove it from others.
I assume this was meant for ULS, hence correcting component.
Added Roan and Timo on CC. Just in case they are interested.
The evaluation was done and implemented in November.
If someone actually did this, I am not aware of it.
Are there any notes from this available, or any commits made as a result?
This is the only blocker currently left for bug 56292, can it be prioritised?
Santhosh, can you please explain how you made the decisions about this?
This is bit old, anyway, there were lot of refactoring around the RL modules of ULS. I am listing a set of bug reports and patches, that addressed this in direct and indirect way. The commit message and bug report discussions will provide history
* https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/93051 Avoid loading jquery.jStorage for logged in users
* https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/93050 Delay loading of jquery.uls.grid (merged)
* https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/93038 Move button styles to separate module (merged)
* https://github.com/wikimedia/jquery.uls/pull/115 Use unescaped Unicode (merged to upstream, merged)
* https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/93057 Refactor ime lazy loading (merged)
The main idea was to keep only RLs with position top that affects the page flicker if not top loaded- mainly the ones that affect the page rendering. Following are the top loaded modules in master code right now:
Closing the bug, assuming details given above are sufficient.