Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:29:16 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 460 - Table rendering bug : extra </center> tags break table columns
Table rendering bug : extra </center> tags break table columns
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
Parser (Other open bugs)
All All
: Normal normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
Depends on:
Blocks: html
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2004-09-12 06:16 UTC by SJ
Modified: 2010-05-15 15:29 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Description SJ 2004-09-12 06:16:46 UTC
Including a stray </center> tag within a table cell (within a wikitable, that
is) will ruin multicolumn formatting (in a rather hard-to-localize way).
Comment 1 Antoine "hashar" Musso (WMF) 2004-09-20 16:59:21 UTC
We are not going to implement fix for user errors. Just don't enter
the additional </center> tag.
Comment 2 JeLuF 2004-09-20 17:04:53 UTC
The additional </center> breaks XHTML validity. 
Comment 3 Wil Mahan 2004-09-24 19:06:47 UTC
I'm having trouble reproducing this--could someone make a test case?
Comment 4 Zigger 2004-11-22 16:22:24 UTC
I don't know if this matches the original reporter's issue, but here's a test
case with an unmatched </center>.  In v1.4-prealpha/HEAD it produces an escaped
</center> after a left-aligned "a", while in v1.37wm the cell just has a
left-aligned "a".  The unmatched <center> ("d") renders ok in both, but in the
XHTML becomes an unmatched <div> in v1.4-prealpha/HEAD, while v1.37wm has
matched div tags.

Comment 5 Antoine "hashar" Musso (WMF) 2005-07-13 21:18:42 UTC
The way we fix tags is wrong, there is a preg_replace using a
set of rules:
 <center> to <div class="center">
 </center> to </div>

I replaced that to replace blocks instead like:
 <center>.*</center> to <div class="center">\1</div>

Unmatched <center> or </center> alone will no more be replaced.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.