Last modified: 2014-01-16 09:30:11 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 37670 - Grammar problems with UI messages
Grammar problems with UI messages
Status: RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Product: MediaWiki extensions
Classification: Unclassified
AccessControl (Other open bugs)
master
All All
: Normal normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Aravind K N
https://translatewiki.net/wiki/Thread...
: easy, i18n
Depends on:
Blocks: messages
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-06-17 22:50 UTC by Siebrand Mazeland
Modified: 2014-01-16 09:30 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments

Description Siebrand Mazeland 2012-06-17 22:50:36 UTC
Can you please check grammar of messages in Access Control extension? I think there are several grammatical problems.

This issue was reported by a translatewiki.net translator.
Comment 1 Dereckson 2012-06-18 07:37:25 UTC
Mail sent to the extension author to notify him.
Comment 2 Andre Klapper 2012-12-18 22:06:31 UTC
I don't think that creating Bugzilla components without asking the extension author makes any sense, and this feels like a case of it. I hope I'm wrong. :)
Comment 3 Siebrand Mazeland 2012-12-18 22:33:05 UTC
(In reply to comment #2)
> I don't think that creating Bugzilla components without asking the extension
> author makes any sense, and this feels like a case of it. I hope I'm wrong.

Not sure what you mean, Andre. My opinion is that there shouldn't be an extension repo without a bugzilla component and a maintainer, as that would make it impossible to track issues for it and would make our gerrit repos places to dump code. Please let me know if that no brainer is different in our view.
Comment 4 Andre Klapper 2012-12-19 10:14:49 UTC
Ah, the extension maintainer has a Bugzilla account. That's great. 
In that case sorry for my comment 2, it doesn't apply.
Comment 5 Nemo 2013-11-19 12:35:38 UTC
Adding many blockers of bug 38638 to the list of "easy" bugs, to mark them as candidates for [[mw:Google Code-in]] tasks (gci2013). If you think this bug is not suitable, remove the keyword.
Comment 6 Aravind K N 2014-01-15 12:26:46 UTC
Can someone assign this to me?
Comment 7 Sumana Harihareswara 2014-01-15 13:30:48 UTC
Aravind, to answer your question from IRC:

Yes, AccessControl.i18n.php is indeed the file to change. 

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Localisation#Message_sources That might be helpful.  Probably the .i18n.php file is the source of the strings, the "messages", you need to change.
Comment 8 Aravind K N 2014-01-15 13:38:15 UTC
Oh. Thanks Sumana. Another problem that I find is that the "messages" present inside this are not grammatically incorrect.
Comment 9 Andre Klapper 2014-01-15 13:41:44 UTC
Aravind: Please provide a specific example (in case it is still related to the topic for this bug report and not a separate problem that should be in a separate report).
Comment 10 Aravind K N 2014-01-15 13:44:41 UTC
Sumana,

These are the messages. I don't find any grammatical errors with these.
$messages['en'] = array(
	'accesscontrol-desc' => 'Enables group access restriction on a page by user basis',
	'accesscontrol-info' => 'This is a protected page!',
	'accesscontrol-move-anonymous' => 'Deny_anonymous_by_include',
	'accesscontrol-move-users' => 'Deny_user_by_include',
	'accesscontrol-redirect-anonymous' => 'Deny_anonymous',
	'accesscontrol-redirect-users' => 'Deny_user',
	'accesscontrol-actions-deny' => 'Deny_action',
);
Comment 11 Aravind K N 2014-01-15 14:13:33 UTC
I think this bug has been fixed. I checked the file and I did not find any grammatical errors as I have already mentioned. So I think the bug has already been fixed.
Comment 12 Sumana Harihareswara 2014-01-15 15:04:26 UTC
Aravind, thanks for looking into this! Marking it WORKSFORME, which is to say, there does not seem to be a problem now (maybe it got fixed in the last 18 months). Please do feel free to pick up another bug to look into!
Comment 14 Want 2014-01-16 09:30:11 UTC
These messages were a relic from an earlier version of the extension. In version > 2  never been used.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links