Last modified: 2012-02-25 10:22:34 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports are handled in Wikimedia Phabricator.
This static website is read-only and for historical purposes. It is not possible to log in and except for displaying bug reports and their history, links might be broken. See T36381, the corresponding Phabricator task for complete and up-to-date bug report information.
Bug 34381 - unable to (SUL-)login on
unable to (SUL-)login on
Product: Wikimedia
Classification: Unclassified
General/Unknown (Other open bugs)
All All
: Unprioritized normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
Depends on:
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2012-02-13 20:35 UTC by Axpde
Modified: 2012-02-25 10:22 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Description Axpde 2012-02-13 20:35:37 UTC
First of all, I'm steward and my SUL is active for years. At the moment it is active in more than 400 wmf projects.

Today I went to some page on and (Special:RenameUser to be precise). Usually I only need to change the settings to my language when I enter a new site where I haven't been before. But this time something went wrong.

I was told, that I'm not allowed to call this page, then I mentioned I wasn't logged in. So I tried to login, but I was told, that my password was wrong. On I was able to request a temporary password, and I was also able to merge this account into my SUL.

But on I was told, that there is no email address attached to this account thus I'm not able to merge this account into my SUL.

Two requests:

1. Please try to find out what went wrong (server problem? database problem?)

2. Please add my bugzilla address to this local account that I'm able to get a temporary password.

Andy aka. axpde
Comment 2 Antoine "hashar" Musso (WMF) 2012-02-13 21:03:40 UTC
For some reason the email the account was incorrectly created:

[uzwikiquote]> select * from user where user_name='Axpde' \G
*************************** 1. row ***************************
                 user_id: 546
               user_name: Axpde
              user_token: <some hash>
user_email_authenticated: NULL
        user_email_token: NULL
user_email_token_expires: NULL
       user_registration: 20120213183354
       user_newpass_time: NULL
          user_editcount: 0
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I have verified that was a SUL account and manually updated the email address
using eval:

$ mwscript eval.php uzwikiquote
> $u = User::newFromName( 'Axpde' );

> $u->setEmail( <some email> );

> $u->saveSettings();

> exit

User managed to merge that account
Comment 3 Axpde 2012-02-13 21:14:25 UTC
Thanks for helping. I'm just curious what might have happened. This is the third time I had to merge a local account manually into my SUL, but the first time I couldn't request a temporary password! So this might happen again ... :(
Comment 4 Axpde 2012-02-19 12:56:50 UTC
It happened again on (see

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.