Last modified: 2013-09-19 19:17:59 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 16146 - Default sidebar cached after restoring MediaWiki:Sidebar from backup
Default sidebar cached after restoring MediaWiki:Sidebar from backup
Status: NEW
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
Export/Import (Other open bugs)
1.11.x
All Linux
: Low normal with 1 vote (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
http://www.wikiskripta.cz/pfuk/
:
: 16144 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2008-10-27 12:21 UTC by Huck
Modified: 2013-09-19 19:17 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments

Description Huck 2008-10-27 12:21:23 UTC
I tested the whole BACKUP and RESTORE process using 2 separate Linux machines (first has Fedora 7 core, the second Fedora 9 core). All prerequisities for MediaWiki were installed.

1. I created backup from my working wiki.

nice -n 19 /usr/bin/mysqldump -u wikiuser -pheslo --default-character-set=latin1 wikidb -c | nice -n 19 /bin/gzip -9 > ~/backup/wiki-sql-$(date '+%a').sql.gz

This file has been created: wiki-sql-So.sql.gz

2. I created a new empty wiki (the same version 1.11) on the 2nd machine. I used the same install parameters as with the first wiki. I ran also the install script. 
Than I copied the content of my first wiki over the entire <MediaWiki-folder> content.

I unpacked the .gz file and restored the content of MySQL:
super~ ]# mysql  -u root -p wikidb < wiki-sql-So.sql

Everything seems to be restored fine except of Mediawiki:Sidebar values. The new wiki shows the initial defualt settings instead of the setting from the working wiki.

I use the "cs - czech language" setting.

Regards, Huck.
Comment 1 Roan Kattouw 2008-10-27 12:22:10 UTC
*** Bug 16144 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 2 Huck 2008-10-27 12:30:26 UTC
Bug 16144 contains an unfinished entry of my report. I'am sorry for a preliminery 'mousepo'. This report is the complete one.
Comment 3 Huck 2008-10-28 14:08:13 UTC
Supplement of the observation: the content of Mediawiki:Sidebar is correct however MediaWiki software does not reflect it. Once I slightly edit Mediawiki:Sidebar page (ie. I make no essential change) the display shows the navigation correctly according to the restored values.

Thus it is likely that MW software checks content of Mediawiki:Sidebar only after its first edit.
Comment 4 Roan Kattouw 2008-10-28 14:09:40 UTC
(In reply to comment #3)
> Supplement of the observation: the content of Mediawiki:Sidebar is correct
> however MediaWiki software does not reflect it. Once I slightly edit
> Mediawiki:Sidebar page (ie. I make no essential change) the display shows the
> navigation correctly according to the restored values.
> 
> Thus it is likely that MW software checks content of Mediawiki:Sidebar only
> after its first edit.
> 

Changing summary to reflect this.
Comment 5 Dan Jacobson 2009-06-02 01:18:01 UTC
Also note http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgEnableSidebarCache just in case...

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links