Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:59:49 UTC
Just upgraded to 1.11 from 1.10.
When going to some special pages, I get the following error
Call to a member function getPrefixedText() on a non-object in D:\\websites\\mediawiki\\includes\\SpecialFewestrevisions.php on line 47, referer: http://localhost/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Specialpages
This also happens in SpecialFewestrevisions.php on line 47
and PageQueryPage.php on line 22
*MW 1.11.0 (upgraded from 1.10.1)
*XCache 1.2.0 ($wgMainCacheType = "CACHE_ACCEL")
OK, I debugged that.
I had a page in MW 1.9.2 that got no title.
Since MW 1.10.0, the following pages no longer worked even though it worked in 1.9.X:
-Pages without language links
I fixed that by running cleanupTitles.php (I had to do a Control-C after 5 minutes as the script wouldn't end, but it worked still).
Improper handling of invalid titles in special pages constitutes a bug - normal procedure is to escape the page_title equivalent and present it to the user in plain text with a short message.
Ok: to reproduce, put a "null" on any row in page.page_title.
The page on which you do that should of course qualify as dead-end or orphaned page, etc....
On MW 1.9, I got a strange list where item 1 & 2 would merge, the rest being normal.
On MW 1.10 & 1.11, I got above error message.
Created attachment 4707 [details]
QueryPage.php states, for makeTitle & makeTitleSafe :
// @return Title the new object, or NULL on an error
And actually, the return value of these functions was never really being checked in any of these Specialpages.
Created attachment 4708 [details]
proposed patch, tabs instead of spaces
Oops, was my first patch here; apparently you'd prefer tabs, here is a patch using tabs ;)
Fixed in r41673, r41677, and r41726 by Mr.Z-man.