Last modified: 2007-08-20 13:29:34 UTC
I've put a watch on the pages:
Amanda johnston - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_johnston
Amanda Johnston - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Johnston
Both render with the unwatch tab (indicating they are watched) and both appear when editing the raw watchlist (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Watchlist&action=edit).
However neither page appears on my watchlist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Watchlist) despite being edited.
I've not noticed this behaviour with other pages, although it would be easy to not notice this issue.
This is when using my English Wikipedia username - Mendors.
Are you sure you don't have "Hide my edits" checked? (or something similiar)
This could also be due to [slave] database server lag, although a warning should be showing up on the page if this is the case.
I don't have "Hide my edits" checked. I can edit other pages, which I automatically (via the preferences) watch and they automatically appear in my watchlist and in the Special:Watchlist page.
I am not seeing any server lag type messages. Plus I'm seeing in the Special:Watchlist page edits I've made (or others) to pages I'm watching. This was up to 12 hours after I'd made the edits.
However I am now seeing the page in Special:Watchlist, but I did make another edit to the page (reverting some vandalism). Possibly in editing the page this did something to fix a data issue around the page.
What also may help in working out what happened is the steps I did that resulted in the problem.
1. Someone created the page Amanda_johnston
2. I made some changes to that page
3. I moved the page to Amanda_Johnston (to correct the capitalization)
Steps 1-3 happened over about 30 minutes.
At this point neither page was showing in the Special:Watchlist page but they were watched according to the raw watchlist.
4. I logged this bug, about 12 hours after steps 1-3
5. I made a change to the Amanda_Johnston, using popups to revert to an earlier version of the page (removing vandalism).
6. I checked the Special:Watchlist page just now (about 30 hours after steps 1-3) and the page is showing.
Hopefully this will help identify the issue.
The page logs (accessible to myself as a non-admin) are:
(cur) (last) 08:37, 19 August 2007 Mendors (Talk | contribs) (29 bytes) (moved Amanda johnston to Amanda Johnston: Correct the capitalization of the person's name)
Note that this is the page history for the redirection from when I did the page move.
* (cur) (last) 07:44, 20 August 2007 Mendors (Talk | contribs) m (1,983 bytes) (Reverted 3 edits by 220.127.116.11 to last revision by Mendors; Rollback of removal of material with no explanation. using TW) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 04:59, 20 August 2007 18.104.22.168 (Talk) (1,746 bytes) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 04:57, 20 August 2007 22.214.171.124 (Talk) (1,745 bytes) (→Publications) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 04:56, 20 August 2007 126.96.36.199 (Talk) (1,830 bytes) (→Awards) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 08:37, 19 August 2007 Mendors (Talk | contribs) m (moved Amanda johnston to Amanda Johnston: Correct the capitalization of the person's name) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 08:35, 19 August 2007 Mendors (Talk | contribs) (1,983 bytes) (wikify, tidy, categories, stub) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 08:25, 19 August 2007 Zorashorse (Talk | contribs) (1,929 bytes) (←Created page with 'Amanda Johnston (1977 - ) is an African American Poet. She was born in East St. Louis, Illinois and currently resides in Round Rock/Austin, Texas. [http://www.ca...')
If I'm not mistaken, this is bug 5546 -- the longstanding issue with page moves and other similar special events.
For the moment, you can ensure you see the other edits to them in the watchlist by selecting "Expand watchlist to show all applicable changes" in [[Special:Preferences]].
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 5546 ***