Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:33:48 UTC
refreshLinks.php from MediaWiki 1.3.x used to process about 800 pages per 30
seconds on my server, but with 1.4 CVS (beta 1) it comes down to an unacceptable
rate of not even 50 pages per minute.
Might be a parser cache-clearing oddity. Try setting in LocalSettings.php:
$wgEnableParserCache = false;
If that doesn't affect it, I'll do some profiling runs when I have a chance.
(In reply to comment #1)
> Might be a parser cache-clearing oddity. Try setting in LocalSettings.php:
> $wgEnableParserCache = false;
Setting $wgEnableParserCache = false didn't improve the performance.
On version 1.3.8 it is very slow also
- 30 mins for 5000 articles on Athlon 2Ghz + 750 Mo
- and a poor HD 20MB/s (real mesurement)
- and no log for mysql (40% longer with __huge__ logs for refreshLinks ;)
I checked many things, but know very little ;)
cur is InnoDB here.
It seems to have huge impact on some performance... i don't know !
The cache seems to be inefficient, eats up memory but doenst provide
speed improvement: when i split the job, the total time is the same!
I just did a refreshLinks.php which clocked 1000 pages per minute on a 2GHz
Athlon with 512MB memory, on a database with ~32200 pages (nostalgiawiki).
This is an order of magnitude over the reported slow speeds and within an order
of magnitude of the reported fast speeds (considering variation from CPU,
configuration, disk speeds, size of articles, etc a more direct comparison of the
numbers is not possible offhand).
Previous extreme slowness was likely caused by the totally broken bits causing
bug 1132, which would have hugely inflated the number of links being
If you can still see unreasonable slowness after updating to get the fix for 1132,
please reopen with additional data. Resolving as fixed...