Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:38:24 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 5174 - Shared Image doesn't work if $wgCapitalLinks is false
Shared Image doesn't work if $wgCapitalLinks is false
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
File management (Other open bugs)
1.5.x
PC Windows XP
: High normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
: crosswiki
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2006-03-05 21:44 UTC by Ruben Cheng
Modified: 2010-05-15 15:38 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments

Description Ruben Cheng 2006-03-05 21:44:01 UTC
Hi!..

I was having a lot of trouble to setup two wiki project using a shared image
folder. After testing, and thanks to the debug output, I noticed there are two
SQL request for the image, the first one is to the table "en_image", and the
seconds is to "image". It seems that $wgUseSharedUploads is working ok, but
there is a very interesting diferente. The filename in the second query had the
first letter capitalized. I was using $wgCapitalLinks=false.

I think that the module that query for the image (I don't know which one), is
not checking the $wgCapitalLinks in order to rewrite the query.

The workaround that I found, is to leave $wgCapitalLinks as default (true), and
upload the file again.

My setup is:

Both wiki is using database name, the first wiki (The main one) has no table
prefix, and the second one has "en_" prefix.

By the way, I think that I should be useful, that the upload have the option
make the destination to the shared upload folder.
Comment 1 Chad H. 2008-07-25 21:10:43 UTC
Addressed with the initialCapital setting for foreign repos. Marked as fixed.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links