Last modified: 2014-10-06 13:41:52 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 17523 - Allow list=users to return editcount and blockinfo for anon users
Allow list=users to return editcount and blockinfo for anon users
Status: RESOLVED WONTFIX
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
API (Other open bugs)
1.15.x
All All
: Lowest enhancement (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Roan Kattouw
: patch
: 71683 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2009-02-16 18:20 UTC by Brad Jorsch
Modified: 2014-10-06 13:41 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments
Patch against r47324 (4.03 KB, patch)
2009-02-16 18:20 UTC, Brad Jorsch
Details

Description Brad Jorsch 2009-02-16 18:20:42 UTC
Created attachment 5821 [details]
Patch against r47324

It would be nice to be able to query the editcount and/or blockinfo for anon users through list=users; groups, registration, and emailable of course don't make sense for anon users.

This patch should do that. It adds an extra query if any anon users are specified and editcount is requested, and adds an extra query if any anon users are specified and blockinfo is requested, for a total of two possible extra queries. If no anon users are specified or neither of those two options are specified, no extra queries are performed.

I also incidentally fixed a PostgreSQL error, PostgreSQL requires the optional "AS" in column aliases. If you WONTFIX the patch, please pick up that minor fix.
Comment 1 Roan Kattouw 2009-02-16 19:13:38 UTC
(In reply to comment #0)
> Created an attachment (id=5821) [details]
> Patch against r47324
> 
> It would be nice to be able to query the editcount and/or blockinfo for anon
> users through list=users; groups, registration, and emailable of course don't
> make sense for anon users.
> 
> This patch should do that. It adds an extra query if any anon users are
> specified and editcount is requested,
That query was pretty evil in terms of performance, which is why the editcount for anons won't be implemented.

> and adds an extra query if any anon users
> are specified and blockinfo is requested, for a total of two possible extra
> queries. If no anon users are specified or neither of those two options are
> specified, no extra queries are performed.
> 
The blockinfo part isn't very useful, as that information is already available through list=blocks&bkip=IP (for one IP; also considers rangeblocks) or list=blocks&bkusers=IP1|IP2|... (multiple IPs/users, doesn't consider range blocks), and these methods give more detailed information. Considering this, the value of usprop=blockinfo is doubtful as it is.

Closing the bug as WONTFIX on the grounds mentioned above.

> I also incidentally fixed a PostgreSQL error, PostgreSQL requires the optional
> "AS" in column aliases. If you WONTFIX the patch, please pick up that minor
> fix.
> 
Picked up that and the indentation fix around line 123 in r47333.
Comment 2 Brad Jorsch 2009-02-16 19:49:12 UTC
(In reply to comment #1)
> (In reply to comment #0)
> > This patch should do that. It adds an extra query if any anon users are
> > specified and editcount is requested,
> That query was pretty evil in terms of performance, which is why the editcount
> for anons won't be implemented.

I was afraid of that, even though an EXPLAIN on my (empty) local database looked promising.
Comment 3 Brad Jorsch 2014-10-06 13:41:52 UTC
*** Bug 71683 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links