Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:56:45 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 11153 - Browser asks me to select application for opening file
Browser asks me to select application for opening file
Status: RESOLVED INVALID
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
Installer (Other open bugs)
1.6.x
PC Windows 2000
: Normal blocker (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
http://www.jamesrmaclean/mw
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2007-09-02 10:38 UTC by James R MacLean
Modified: 2010-05-15 15:56 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments
image of prompt (30.89 KB, image/jpeg)
2007-09-02 10:38 UTC, James R MacLean
Details

Description James R MacLean 2007-09-02 10:38:46 UTC
Created attachment 4068 [details]
image of prompt

I am attempting to install MediaWiki 1.6.10 on my host at Hurricane Electric. They have PHP 4.4 and MySql 4.0.25; that's why I'm using release 1.6.10.  When I complete the installation, and direct the browser to the wiki directory, I receive a prompt (see attached) asking me to choose what application I want to open the file with.
Comment 1 James R MacLean 2007-09-02 10:40:06 UTC
I should mention this happens in Netscape Navigator, Mozilla Firefox, and MS-IE.
Comment 2 Andrew Garrett 2007-09-02 10:40:14 UTC
PHP isn't installed properly on your end. Not our problem.
Comment 3 Rob Church 2007-09-02 16:30:03 UTC
(Specifically, it appears that Apache or whatever HTTP server is running is misconfigured, and is serving up .php files, rather than passing them to PHP first...)
Comment 4 James R MacLean 2007-09-02 21:07:50 UTC
The problem is now solved. What happened was that, initially, I had installed release MW 1.10.1, but my web host only supported PHP4.4, not PHP5 (which is a requirement of release 1.10.1). So I used the SSH client to delete the /wiki directory and replaced it with a new one containing release 1.6.10. This time, I got the same error. That's when I posted here the first time.

A tech guy at my webhost kindly noticed that it worked for him, so perhaps it was necessary for me to flush my DNS resolver cache. It worked, and I'm in business. Thanks to everyone for listening and diagnosing

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links