Last modified: 2012-09-18 21:07:20 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 30445 - Modify MediaWiki:Revdelete-reason-dropdown
Modify MediaWiki:Revdelete-reason-dropdown
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
Revision deletion (Other open bugs)
unspecified
All All
: Normal normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
: easy, i18n
Depends on:
Blocks: revdel messages
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2011-08-18 15:53 UTC by MA
Modified: 2012-09-18 21:07 UTC (History)
6 users (show)

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments

Description MA 2011-08-18 15:53:24 UTC
Hello. Please modify the standard message as follows:

* Common delete reasons
** Blatant attack user name
** Copyright violation
** Non-public identifying or personal information
** Potentially libelous information

The [[meta:Oversight]] policy has been updated a while ago to include blatant and grossly abusive usernames to be oversighted.

Changing the "Innapropiate personal information" to a IMHO more descriptive descrition.

Hope that this is the right place.

Regards.
Comment 1 Bawolff (Brian Wolff) 2011-08-18 16:15:23 UTC
>Hope that this is the right place.

This is the right place to change the english translation for all mediawiki (including non-wikimedia) isntalls. If you just want to change it for enwikipedia then you can change it at [[mediawiki:Revdelete-reason-dropdown]].

Personally I'd rather keep Inappropriate personal information - since the default should be generic because its not just Wikimedia that uses it - but I don't have strong opinions. I also think that "Hiding an offensive username" might be better than "Blatant attack user name" because it again sounds more generic. Thoughts?
Comment 2 MA 2011-08-18 19:46:49 UTC
(In reply to comment #1)
> >Hope that this is the right place.
> 
> This is the right place to change the english translation for all mediawiki
> (including non-wikimedia) isntalls. If you just want to change it for
> enwikipedia then you can change it at [[mediawiki:Revdelete-reason-dropdown]].
> 

Thank you. I'd like the standard message changed in all Wikimedia Projects. Of course some wikis have decided to modify it locally; but most of the wikis don't. I see that this message is for all MW instals and not only for Wikimedia projects (pity).

> Personally I'd rather keep Inappropriate personal information - since the
> default should be generic because its not just Wikimedia that uses it - but I
> don't have strong opinions. I also think that "Hiding an offensive username"
> might be better than "Blatant attack user name" because it again sounds more
> generic. Thoughts?

I also have no strong opinions regarding the "innapropiate personal information" since it's a message for all MW instals and not only for Wikimedia, as you say. As for the username, if the message were only for Wikimedia I would preferr "Blatant attack username" to match with the global oversight policy.

Instead of modifying this message for all Wikimedia instals we could create maybe an specific message to use in Wikimedia-wikis or that's too complicated?

Very best.
Comment 3 Siebrand Mazeland 2012-08-22 10:44:52 UTC
Gerrit change #21035 adds "Inappropriate username" as a generic revisiondelete reason.

This is the most generic and least changing implementation I could find to achieve what was asked for.
Comment 4 Nemo 2012-09-18 21:07:20 UTC
Merged.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links