Last modified: 2011-09-15 16:09:44 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 29927 - CentralAuth using wrong Language on Special:MergeAccount
CentralAuth using wrong Language on Special:MergeAccount
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: MediaWiki extensions
Classification: Unclassified
CentralAuth (Other open bugs)
unspecified
All All
: Normal normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Akshay Agarwal
:
Depends on:
Blocks: 18521
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2011-07-16 22:41 UTC by Trminator
Modified: 2011-09-15 16:09 UTC (History)
6 users (show)

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments
Image of Special:MergeAccount on hi.wikipedia.org taken with Ksnapshot (157.05 KB, image/jpeg)
2011-07-16 22:49 UTC, Thor Malmjursson
Details
And a screenshot of Special:MergeAccount from hi.wikipedia.org with my locale pref set to en-GB (164.50 KB, image/jpeg)
2011-07-16 22:53 UTC, Thor Malmjursson
Details

Description Trminator 2011-07-16 22:41:43 UTC
On Special:MergeAccount, the Name of the WikiGroup is currently given as the one Listed as the one given in MediaWiki:Centralauth-groupname instead of the one in int:Centralauth-groupname.

Due to that, it will be always in the language of the Wiki Installation instead of the user-selected locale.
Comment 1 Thor Malmjursson 2011-07-16 22:48:06 UTC
Not so, I've just opened Special:MergeAccount from hi.wikipedia.org, with my locale selected as the Hindi Language / Devanagari script, and the whole page is in Hindi.  If the language of the installation was being overridden, it would come up in English, no?
Comment 2 Thor Malmjursson 2011-07-16 22:49:35 UTC
Created attachment 8790 [details]
Image of Special:MergeAccount on hi.wikipedia.org taken with Ksnapshot

This is the Special:MergeAccount page from hi.wikipedia.org, note I have my local language set to Hindi, and the page is appearing IN Hindi, not in the language of the Wiki Installation.
Comment 3 Thor Malmjursson 2011-07-16 22:53:21 UTC
Created attachment 8791 [details]
And a screenshot of Special:MergeAccount from hi.wikipedia.org with my locale pref set to en-GB

This one is with the prefs set to English-GB for my local language. It's working fine :)
Comment 4 Trminator 2011-07-16 23:07:47 UTC
Well, go to http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezial:Benutzerkonten_zusammenf%C3%BChren (which is where Special:MergeAccount leads on de.) with a en locale.

You will find this:

Once your login is unified, you will be able to log in to any wiki site of der Wikimedia Foundation without creating a new account.

(notice the "of der Wikimedia Foundation" there. Should be "of the", shouldn't it? ;))

Got the same issue on another, private wiki, which has a German installation too, so it might be specific to this?
Comment 5 Thor Malmjursson 2011-07-16 23:51:51 UTC
I think it possibly is. I'll file a request for the localisation to be looked at, it's possibly just a mistake in the localisation for the german language version.

Thanks for the link, I'll pass it on.
Comment 6 Noël 2011-07-16 23:53:46 UTC
@Thor:
on your wiki its different - compare 'centralauth-merge-welcome' in your language here:
http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/CentralAuth/CentralAuth.i18n.php

In the english and german version there is {{MediaWiki:Centralauth-groupname}} included in the message - that directs to the installation language of your wiki, not to the local pref language like in {{int:Centralauth-groupname}}.

These are the messages with the (same) bug:
centralauth-desc
centralauth-merge-welcome
centralauth-complete-text
centralauth-incomplete-text
Comment 7 Niklas Laxström 2011-09-09 09:20:35 UTC
This issue seems to be fixed, but I found another issue :)
Comment 9 Niklas Laxström 2011-09-09 18:07:24 UTC
You have to be more specific than "it".

I guess this is about {{MediaWiki:Centralauth-groupname}} in centralauth-merge-welcome, right?
Comment 10 Noël 2011-09-09 18:34:21 UTC
I refered to my previous comment:

> These are the messages with the (same) bug:
> centralauth-desc
> centralauth-merge-welcome
> centralauth-complete-text
> centralauth-incomplete-text

In those it is {{MediaWiki:Centralauth-groupname}}, but in my opinion it should be {{int:Centralauth-groupname}}

Centralauth-groupname contains language-specific text (i.e. "the" in English, "der" in German) and should therefore be used with "int:" instead od "MediaWiki:".

The Problem occurs, if for example I am using a German wiki with user-language set to English and vince-versa. With "MediaWiki:" it is replaced with the language of the wiki instead of the user-language.
Comment 11 Akshay Agarwal 2011-09-15 16:09:44 UTC
Fixed in r97168

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links