Last modified: 2009-04-26 02:03:21 UTC
In certain conditions, saving preferences (with the new preferences system) is not possible.
1. install OnlineStatus (I did it using Configure)
2. create a new user
3. go to special:preferences
4. select a new user language
5. click 'save'
* message appears "There are problems with some of your input" (key: 'htmlform-invalid-input'). This is not really helpful. Is it possible to provide more details there (which tab, which setting, or something else)?
* have to select the OnlineStatus radio button "Your status" on the "User profile" preferences tab first. No preferences can otherwise be saved.
Adding Andrew in CC. May be a core issue, or may require core improvements for diagnostics.
For the messages, this is a core issue, OnlineStatus doesn't validate returned values itself.
However I will add shortly default values so that you shouldn't see that error anymore.
fixed in r49874.
(In reply to comment #2)
> fixed in r49874.
Thanks very much. It seems sensible to always provide a default option when adding a new preference :)