Last modified: 2009-02-26 22:05:58 UTC
For a while now, e-mail notification and everything triggered by non-NULL values of watchlist.wl_notificationtimestamp (unseen edits bolded in Special:Watchlist and marked with green "changed since your last visit" markers in the history) have not worked on Meta, a wiki that does have these things enabled (testwiki doesn't, although it probably should for testing).
Steps to reproduce:
1. Add a page on Meta to your watchlist
2. Enable the "e-mail me when pages on my watchlist are changed" preference and make sure you have a confirmed e-mail address
3. Log out and edit the page anonymously
4. Log back in and go straight to Special:Watchlist without visiting the edited page first
5. Observe that your anonymous edit shows up, but the page isn't bolded (it should be)
6. Click the relevant (hist) link, which takes you to the history view for the edited page
7. Observe that your anonymous edit doesn't have a green "changed since your last visit" marker (it should)
Strangely, all of this works on my local install (running HEAD).
Looks like we've got some odd behavior related to the way enotif mails are being pushed back into the job queue. Need to nail down how to handle this better, and either prioritize them in the queue or do them without the job queue...
Might be another BZ entry to merge this with, I vaguely recall some related comments.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 10172 ***