Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:59:46 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 12436 - Can't move page with & in it's name
Can't move page with & in it's name
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 3097
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
Page editing (Other open bugs)
PC Windows XP
: Normal minor (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
Depends on:
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2007-12-28 11:00 UTC by Alexander Obuhovich
Modified: 2010-05-15 15:59 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Description Alexander Obuhovich 2007-12-28 11:00:11 UTC
Test case:
1. Create page named "Why & got relaced" (without quotes). I type "amp;" twice, because & visually  is transformed to "&" in HTML.
2. In database page_title (dbkey) will be "Why_&_got_relaced"
3. Go to that page & try to rename (move) it to title like this "test new title"
4. This fails with message, that no form data submitted :(
I've analyzed it a bit. This is what I've found:
1. On the form we have hidden field "wpOldTitle" with value: "Why & got relaced", it's ok and input for new page name named "wpNewTitle".
2. When submitting that values to php wpOldTitle becomes "Why & got relaced"
3. method MovePageForm::doSubmit create Title objects from old title and new title
Problem begins, when Title::newFromText calls $filteredText = Sanitizer::decodeCharReferences( $text ); and replaces last "&" in old title name to "&" and old title becomes "Why_&_got_relaced". When method moveTo is called it fails, because can't load page by this name.
Comment 1 Splarka 2007-12-28 11:26:04 UTC
AS a workaround, it seems to work if you change the URL of the default [move] URL from 
to a more escaped version:
Comment 2 Brion Vibber 2007-12-28 20:00:58 UTC

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 3097 ***

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.