Last modified: 2013-05-16 15:48:11 UTC
Created attachment 3807 [details]
Adds an article creation log to Special:Log
There was discussion on a making a page deletion log, and it came down to a bunch of indexes and such being added and things being changed around and all around confusion.
Thus, I decided to kill two birds with one stone and write this nifty little gadget. I figured if there was a "Deletion log" there should be a "Creation log" as well. This is a patch against MediaWiki 1.10.0, so that each time someone creates a page, it gets added to the log. This way, if the page gets deleted, it gets redlinked, and if it's alive, it's bluelinked. I figure it's a hack to the concept of a "deleted pages" log, but it's most definitely an enhancement to fishing through revisions to find the original page creator. Anyhooo...
There's a caveat. Since I don't know half of the languages that MW supports, there's going to be a problem. Adding a creation log requires a couple edits (check out the patch) to add full multi-language support, otherwise, it'll just turn up as "createpg" which is very user unfriendly. So, right now it only supports english out of the box. Sorry. :(
There's another caveat: it's semi-not backwards compatible to your current database. That is, the patch only works from installation onward in that entries in the creation log will only appear once someone creates a new page after you apply the patch. So, in order to get a full page creation log, either you (or someone else) will need to write a script to add the appropriate entries. Otherwise, it will work fine with your existing installation.
1. Grab the patch, save it into your brand spankin' new mediawiki root directory.
2. Run `patch -p0 < createpg.patch`
3. If your installation's language is not primarily english, translate to your native language the 'createpglogtext', 'createdarticle', and 'createpglogpage' lines of languages/messages/MessagesEn.php.
Tested on MediaWiki 1.10.0, php 5.2.3 (fcgi, debug).
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or if I totally botched something, please feel free to contact me.
irc: slakr@freenode or galaxynet.
The `logging` table doesn't contain a `log_user_text` equivalent, preventing log entries from being recorded for anonymous users.
Is this bug different from bug 9555? That bug is closed and says that page creation logs works.
*** Bug 9555 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 13067 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 10730 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 15900 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
(In reply to comment #4)
Reopening, cause this is a feature, that is frequently asked for and Special:Newpages just gives the page creations for the last month or so.
I think instead of making another special page, the another method to get the list is to add the namespace filter into the special page in order to get the page in desired namespace which had been created.
On http://www.wiki-brest.net, we would like to display all pages created by a
certain user, not only in the last 30 days. With the link "Contribution" of an
user there are all actions done (upload media, modifications, new pages...),
it's not easy to see the new pages. Thanks to develop it.
Would it be possible to reactivate Escaladix's page creation counter, http://toolserver.org/~escaladix/larticles/larticles.php, on the toolserver while we are wating?
In r76679, 'ru' locale, updated from 1.15, when I try to upload the file, the following error is generated:
Обнаружена ошибка синтаксиса запроса к базе данных. Это может означать ошибку в программном обеспечении. Последний запрос к базе данных:
(SQL запрос скрыт)
произошёл из функции «LogPage::saveContent». База данных возвратила ошибку «1054: Unknown column 'log_user_text' in 'field list' (localhost)».
Database syntax error (SQL query is hidden)
occured in function "LogPage::saveContent". Database has returned an error "1054: Unknown column 'log_user_text' in 'field list' (localhost)"
Also, I've tried to use $wgDebugDumpSql = true;
in LocalSettings.php, yet the query is hidden anyway.
In the log there is the query:
Query 49 (slave): INSERT /* LogPage::saveContent Syntone */ INTO `wiki_logging` (log_id,log_type,log_action,log_timestamp,log_user,log_user_text,log_namespace,log_title,log_page,log_comment,log_params) VALUES (NULL,'upload','overwrite','20101115100409','1','Sdv','6','Myfile.jpg','0','Овечки','')
Sorry. I've just forgot to re-run php update.php after re-importing dump from 1.15.
Reopening. No obvious fix in place.
*** Bug 42026 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 29730 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***