Last modified: 2007-07-27 10:34:28 UTC
I have a default installation of MediaWiki 1.9.3 and default installation of
SMW 0.7 atop of it. After setup each edit crashes with:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getSubject() on a non-object in /var/www/
wiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/SMW_Factbox.php on line 376
However edit completes successfully.
I am just installing MediaWiki and Semantic MediaWiki from the latest onto a new
database. I'm seeing this bug too. And it seems to be creating template pages
for me when I encounter it, but not basic article pages (so I can't do SMWTest).
Update, it did create SMWTest eventually, but the Factbox does not appear.
This error implies something unexpected happened during the parseHook, so when the saveHook was called, it failed.
I couldn't reproduce with various combinations of $smwgEnableTemplateSupport and $smwgShowFactbox in SMW_Settings.php., but it seems it would be good to somehow test for errors in parsing and somewhere report them to users. I don't know whether it's worth having additional error checking in the saveHook.
i get a similar problem on my installation of SMW 0.7 on MediaWiki 1.9.3 MySQL 5.0.37, PHP 5.2.1). If I edit content using the inline edit links by a header I get an error on save, however not when editing by clicking the edit tab at the top of the page.
Experienced the same problem with:
* MediaWiki: 1.9.2
* PHP: 5.2.0 (apache2handler)
* MySQL: 5.0.27
then I noticed point (2) == Installation == in the INSTALL.TXT and added
wfRunHooks( 'InternalParseBeforeLinks', array( &$this, &$text ) );
Problem gone and all seems to work well.
Fatal error: Call to a member function getSubject() on a non-object in /home/lesouq86/public_html/lesouq/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/SMW_Factbox.php on line 376
This is the error I get when testing the extension.
i just realized that nick's comment is correct. the info.doc that came in my mediawiki says to fix the parser.php for mediawiki 1.9 and earlier. But it ought to say all 1.9 versions, because 1.9.2 was also fixed by running the fix.