Last modified: 2007-07-12 17:23:05 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 9636 - Updates for Sanskrit language (sa)
Updates for Sanskrit language (sa)
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
Internationalization (Other open bugs)
1.10.x
All All
: Normal enhancement (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
: patch
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2007-04-20 02:25 UTC by sivakalyan.princeton
Modified: 2007-07-12 17:23 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments
Patch for Sanskrit version of Wikimedia (3.58 KB, patch)
2007-04-20 02:26 UTC, sivakalyan.princeton
Details

Description sivakalyan.princeton 2007-04-20 02:25:11 UTC
Normalized spelling conventions; translated names of months and days of the 
week.
Comment 1 sivakalyan.princeton 2007-04-20 02:26:07 UTC
Created attachment 3476 [details]
Patch for Sanskrit version of Wikimedia
Comment 2 Raimond Spekking 2007-04-20 16:51:29 UTC
I am a little bit confused, please allow a few question:

1. With your patch in bug 9599 you added the fallback language 'hi'. Is the
removal correct?

2. Changing already translated namespace names breaks existing links. Are the
former translations wrong or should we add them as alias?

3. 'january-gen' - 'december-gen' and 'jan' - 'dec' are not translated in your
patch.
Comment 3 sivakalyan.princeton 2007-04-21 14:42:03 UTC
1. The removal is correct. At first I thought that, for consistency of script, 
the fallback language should be Hindi. Then I realized that since many users of 
the Sanskrit Wikipedia (including myself) do not speak Hindi, the fallback 
language is best left as English. 
 
2. The former namespace translations were wrong. Also, since they have not been 
in effect vor very long, broken links should not be much of a problem 
(especially since the Sanskrit Wikipedia is relatively inactive). 
 
3. I will get to those in the next patch.
Comment 4 Raimond Spekking 2007-04-23 07:22:45 UTC
Thank for your explanations. I have applied your patch with r21486 with
exception of the still english messages.
Comment 5 Shinjiman 2007-07-12 17:23:05 UTC
For your information:
1619 messages of 1645 are not translated to sa, but exist in en.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links