Last modified: 2007-07-12 17:23:05 UTC
Normalized spelling conventions; translated names of months and days of the
Created attachment 3476 [details]
Patch for Sanskrit version of Wikimedia
I am a little bit confused, please allow a few question:
1. With your patch in bug 9599 you added the fallback language 'hi'. Is the
2. Changing already translated namespace names breaks existing links. Are the
former translations wrong or should we add them as alias?
3. 'january-gen' - 'december-gen' and 'jan' - 'dec' are not translated in your
1. The removal is correct. At first I thought that, for consistency of script,
the fallback language should be Hindi. Then I realized that since many users of
the Sanskrit Wikipedia (including myself) do not speak Hindi, the fallback
language is best left as English.
2. The former namespace translations were wrong. Also, since they have not been
in effect vor very long, broken links should not be much of a problem
(especially since the Sanskrit Wikipedia is relatively inactive).
3. I will get to those in the next patch.
Thank for your explanations. I have applied your patch with r21486 with
exception of the still english messages.
For your information:
1619 messages of 1645 are not translated to sa, but exist in en.