Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:48:17 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 9323 - Unable to edit upon upgrade to 1.9.3
Unable to edit upon upgrade to 1.9.3
Status: RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
Database (Other open bugs)
1.9.x
PC Windows XP
: High critical (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
http://wiki.the-frame.com
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2007-03-18 03:21 UTC by faithx5
Modified: 2010-05-15 15:48 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments

Description faithx5 2007-03-18 03:21:21 UTC
I just upgraded to 1.9.3, and am getting the following error message when I try
to edit any file:

Database error
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the
software. The last attempted database query was:

    (SQL query hidden)

from within function "Article::updateRedirectOn". MySQL returned error "1146:
Table 'wikiframe.wiki_redirect' doesn't exist (blog.the-frame.com)".

This is identical to a previous bug report, except that was on 1.9.0 and the
suggestion was to upgrade to 1.9.1.  But the same thing is happening to me on
1.9.3.  In addition, when I use the default skin (that looks like Wikipedia),
the alignment is all off: <a
href="http://farm1.static.flickr.com/175/424755819_41d68c4387_o.jpg">http://farm1.static.flickr.com/175/424755819_41d68c4387_o.jpg</a>.

I originally installed the WikiMedia software through the One-Click Install
option of my webhost, <a href="http:/www.dreamhost.com">Dreamhost</a>, and
upgraded through that as well.  My knowledge of MySQL and databases in general
is pretty weak.
Comment 1 Brion Vibber 2007-03-18 03:50:20 UTC
It sounds like you updated the software but didn't re-run the updater scripts.
See the file UPGRADE for directions.
Comment 2 Rob Church 2007-03-18 04:42:38 UTC
(Instructions are also available on the MediaWiki web site -
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading_to_1.9)
Comment 3 faithx5 2007-03-18 20:25:30 UTC
Thanks, Brion and Rob.  That fixed it, once I figured out how to run something
from the command line. ;)  I didn't realize I needed to do that bit manually. 
In case anybody else has the same issue when upgrading using Dreamhost, this
page on Dreamhost's wiki is helpful also:
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/MediaWiki#Upgrading_to_1.9.0.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links