Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:48:17 UTC
1. In localSting.php, I've created new group like followin :
$wgGroupPermissions['ninja']['move'] = false;
$wgGroupPermissions['ninja']['read'] = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['ninja']['edit'] = false;
but the users how belong to the "ninja" group still can edit !!!!
2. how can every new created user be added to a certain group automatically ?
3. how can I put group permission on pages, that each group can access just
those pages or namespace that it has access permission on it ?
waiting for your help
1) Your ninja users also belong to the 'user' and '*' groups implicitly. These
groups normally have read and edit permissions.
2) Possibly some kind of hook or authentication plugin might work but there is
no explicit support for this.
3) This is not supported in MediaWiki.
Slightly expanding on Brion's answers:
1) User permissions are always additive. If a user belongs to multiple groups, they will have
any permission if *any* of the groups has the permission, even if others don't.
3) Yet. :P
ThanX guys ...
and I did a temporary solution (i'm talkin about the first point) by switch all
the "user" and "*" permissions to FALSE, then start giving other group like
"bureaucrat", "sysop", "bot" and the new groups like "ninja" the rights each
group should has ... but I didn't find it as the optimal solution :oS ... I'm
wondering if you have another solution ?!...
anyway thanks again ...
and how can I prevent Main Page from being edited form users other than
Have an administrator protect the page. See
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Administration#Protection for details.