Last modified: 2007-03-06 20:42:04 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 8830 - adding DPL to a page in mw1.8.3 / 1.9.1 generates DB error
adding DPL to a page in mw1.8.3 / 1.9.1 generates DB error
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: MediaWiki extensions
Classification: Unclassified
DynamicPageList2 (Other open bugs)
unspecified
PC Windows XP
: Normal normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2007-01-30 16:03 UTC by dave younce
Modified: 2007-03-06 20:42 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments

Description dave younce 2007-01-30 16:03:39 UTC
I'm running mediawiki 1.8.3. I installed DPL2 and LST, but when I add something like
<DPL>
category=Articles
</DPL>

and save the page, I get the following error text instead of my page:

Database error
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the
software. The last attempted database query was:

    (SQL query hidden)

from within function "". MySQL returned error "1064: You have an error in your
SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for
the right syntax to use near 'USING utf8)), '_', ' ') as sortkey FROM `page`
INNER JOIN `cate (mysql119.secureserver.net)".

The error goes away if I go back and remove the DPL code.
Comment 1 Cyril Dangerville 2007-01-30 18:09:14 UTC
OK. Which versions of DPL2 and MySQL are you using? 
Comment 2 dave younce 2007-01-30 20:07:16 UTC
Sorry, that should've been in the original post.

Mysql: 4.0.27-max-log
Php: 5.1.4
DPL: 0.8.1 (rev 19503)

-Dave
Comment 3 Gero Scholz 2007-03-06 20:41:03 UTC
In DPL 0.9.x (to be found on [http://semeb.com/dpldemo the dpldemo website] this problem should be solved.
The UTF-8 conversion was eliminated as it seem s to cause trouble with MySQL installations which are set up with a different character set.

-Gero
Comment 4 Gero Scholz 2007-03-06 20:42:04 UTC
In DPL 0.9.x (to be found on [http://semeb.com/dpldemo the dpldemo website] this problem should be solved.
The UTF-8 conversion was eliminated as it seem s to cause trouble with MySQL installations which are set up with a different character set.

-Gero

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links