Last modified: 2009-03-17 17:16:24 UTC
Since the upgrade of OTRS the email notification system sends when the customer
responds to any ticket of the queue a message "You got follow up! " to all
agents of that queue.
And not like it was and supposed to be only to the agent who is the owner of
that ticket. The result is that it makes following up a ticket very difficult
and the email notification function useless.
This situation is still so now
Well... any progress ? That bug is very annoying :(
I agree. It should not be like that. I only operate a small queue so its ok for me, but I agree that it's not the way it should be. Must be wild when operating in a large queue.
Only wanted to to say that this problem still exists ... bug created January 2007 ...
Updated summary to clarify the issue as I understand. Will see if we can poke it easily in the short term; in the medium term we'll be wanting to see about a general upgrade to OTRS 2.3 and making sure that the service is being maintained a more actively.
I am still receiving many mails for tickets which are not assigned to me. I don't think it's fixed.
I second brianna.
I did test it before I closed it. What sort of mails? Can you give a timestamp or article ID?
(In reply to comment #10)
Hm. My mistake. I just realised the large volume of emails are actually "new ticket in queue" notifications, which many eons ago I must have actually chosen to receive in my OTRS preferences. I don't notice any wrong "follow-up" emails, so maybe it is actually fixed. Hans?
Yesterday evening I received copies of follow-up mails on the following tickets:
Mon, March 16, 2009 23:06 - [Ticket#2009020210018556] You got follow up! (request to use Wik [...])
Mon, March 16, 2009 22:23 - [Ticket#2009030810000463] You got follow up! (Misplaced Communic [...])
Mon, March 16, 2009 22:05 - [Ticket#2009031610060651] You got follow up! (Undelive.. (three times!)
Mon, March 16, 2009 09:50 - [Ticket#2009031210037391] You got follow up! ([Ticket#2009031210 [...])
(edit conflict) This may be a simple issue of misconfigured queue (same as bug 17569).
The 4 examples from comment #12 belong to the Press queue, which was misconfigured as explained. I just fixed it.
Please list the queues that still behave this way on http://otrs-wiki.wikimedia.org/wiki/Administrator_requests and we'll reopen this bug if the issue remains after that. For now I suggest to reclose as FIXED.