Last modified: 2011-04-14 15:10:39 UTC
Some extensions need to track metadata based on changes to articles and titles.
Some of these changes are not trivial to track and each extension will have to
reinvent the wheel.
* Article creation by any means (including undelete)
* Article deletion by any means (revert? rollback?)
* Title move by any means (revert? rollback?)
Some extensions only care about articles and not redirects, some only care about
the main namespace:
* Article namespace change
* Article becomes redirect (via editing, reverting)
* Redirect becomes article (via editing, reverting)
Currently it's only possible to catch some of these changes by hooking two
functions and tracking state between them.
Tim Starling has suggested on IRC a couple of days ago that the RecentChange
class might be the solution.