Last modified: 2008-09-16 17:08:53 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 8072 - Problem with deletion after page move - stale data causes wrong page to be deleted.
Problem with deletion after page move - stale data causes wrong page to be de...
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
Page editing (Other open bugs)
1.9.x
All All
: Normal normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2006-11-28 19:22 UTC by Mark Clements (HappyDog)
Modified: 2008-09-16 17:08 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments

Description Mark Clements (HappyDog) 2006-11-28 19:22:37 UTC
I have been importing some pages via transwiki from meta into MW.org - here are
the steps I take when the page title needs changing:

1) Import using Special:Import into the appropriate namespace
2) Move to the correct page title.
3) Delete redirect created by the page move.

I have found that when I perform the delete in step 3, it deletes the
destination of the move, not the source.  I don't know if this is a caching
issue or a bug - it presumably has nothing to do with the import, but with the
delete shortly after the move.

The first time I assumed I just made a mistake, but the second time I took more
care, refreshed the page so that the two pages showed up correctly at the
appropriate URLs, made sure I was on the redirect page and performed the delete,
but the target of the redirect was deleted, not the redirect itself.

The deletion log (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Log/delete) shows that,
indeed, the redirect page is the one that was deleted, BUT that the content of
the page was not updated in the DB from before the page was moved.  It seems
that the DB writes are being delayed, so that the delete page is reading the old
version of the page and using this as the source of the delete.

This may be just be a temporary network problem, but the side-effects are quite
drastic!
Comment 1 Aaron Schulz 2008-09-16 17:08:53 UTC
Should be fixed in r40920

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links