Last modified: 2006-12-16 20:16:26 UTC
1) Start Internet Explorer on the client.
2) Use a SVN checkout of MediaWiki on the server (need this to ensure the "text"
param is passed into "allmessagesforeach" function, added in r17697 ).
3) Go to [[Special:Allmessages]]
4) Start task manager, or another CPU-monitor.
5) Start a stopwatch.
6) Type some characters into the "Message name filter:" field.
7) When CPU usage drops from 100%, stop the stopwatch, and record the time taken.
For me, time taken = 2 minutes and 30 seconds, on IE 5.01.
*** Bug 8228 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This should be somewhat improved by r18373. Unfortunately, there's no getting
around the basic fact that Special:Allmessages is a huge page, and any changes
to it take a while to render.
*** Bug 7895 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 6340 ***