Last modified: 2010-11-04 02:07:40 UTC
I made a figure for Wikipedia as a PDF in R, and converted it to a SVG v1.1 file
using Illustrator CS2 (more details on the page). The odd behaviour I'm
# The SVG appears fine when viewed using Illustrator or the Adobe plug-in, or
even with Firefox 2's native SVG rendering; however the PNG render is 100%
transparent; see [[w:en:Image:Acf.svg]].
# When viewed in an article, the SVG renders (nearly) perfectly; see
# The only detail not rendered is the 'o' symbols along the plot. This can be
viewed with both Firefox 2 or the Adobe SVG plug-in; but not through the article
where it renders. I've tried twice to fix this, and several older versions of my
attempts can be viewed in the image history. This detail is not as important as
the first two.
Sorry, those links didn't link right (it would be helpful to see in the help how
the markup here works! -- or even a preview would be nice).
Here is a second attempt to link:
Assigning SVG bugs to Ariel -- need a cleanup pass to see what's fixed up by a librsvg upgrade, what can be resolved with fixes to our font configuration, what can be fixed on our end, and what still needs to be pushed upstream.
I have looked at the old versions of this file, and when rendering them now, they seem just fine.