Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:28:18 UTC
The "rev" Link in a image page doesn't work. Instead of reverting the image to
that revision it overrides the old revision with the current image - this just
happened at [[en:Image:George-W-Bush.jpeg]].
Please don't change the assignment without adding wikibugs-l to the CC list.
I can't reproduce this on REL1_3. Sequence:
* Create image in Gimp, save as 'crud.jpg'
* Upload crud.jpg to wiki
* Edit image further, save it again
* Upload crud.jpg to wiki again, confirm it.
* Look at image page, confirm that first and second revisions look as expected
* Hit 'revert' link on first revision
* Reload image page, confirm that the current version is now a duplicate copy of the first version and that the second version is archived and is the
correct given version.
Unless REL1_3a is differently broken, I suspect a caching issue affecting the display of the pages/images. A test on meta was successful, with a
caching issue noticed:
A reload in Safari was sufficient to update the display of the current-version image (while logged in), but the image page required ?action=purge to
update its revision list. Most likely the page isn't being properly touched & purged.
Seems like it was something with caching, when doing a similar revert later it
worked fine. I'm setting to to WORKSFORME.