Last modified: 2006-07-28 22:05:06 UTC
I've had various issues editing wiki articles on wikipedia with Firefox but this
one is annoying.
When editing an article, if I create an internal link; it seems to attach the
wrong URL to the link. For example, let's say I create a link to America in a
given article. In edit mode, I would type (without quotes) "[[America]]" ONce
the article is saved, if I click on the America link I created, the URL it goes
to is a URL that takes me to a blank "edit America article" page with entry box.
What is causing this?
1) Can you provide a link to a page showing the problem?
2) What exact version of Firefox? On what operating system?
3) Using any extensions?
4) What language settings?
I added a paragraph and 3 internal links to this article. Even though in the
edit session I simply used the [] around those links, the URL's to them end up
2) I am using Firefox; either 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206 on Windows XP and Linux
3) On some versions of Firefox, I have "no-script" installed (a plugin that
prevents scripts from running but Wikipedia.org is on my allow list). One other
versions I've used, there is no such plugin installed.
4) English, US, Western European encoding
(In reply to comment #2)
> 1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Credit_Protection_Act
> I added a paragraph and 3 internal links to this article. Even though in the
> edit session I simply used the [] around those links, the URL's to them end up
> being incorrect.
Because the link provided is incorrect. You prepended "The".