Last modified: 2011-03-13 18:05:39 UTC
I tested the [[Special:Import]] tool today, and it works perfectly. However,
there are a few "bugs" with it; when attributing authors, the page history links
to a user page that doesn't necessarily exist. I tried importing [[da:Germansk
(flertydig)]] to [[no:]], and one author had an account. The link on the
author's name was a red link to xyr user page, which is ok. One author did _not_
have an account, though and the link went to [[Special:Contributions/Author]].
I also tried importing a page that was edited by [[nn:User:Jhs]], which is the
same as [[no:User:Jorunn]], but _not_ the same as [[no:User:Jhs]] (which used to
be me, but is now just a placeholder account). The edit was then attributed to
[[no:User:Jhs]], which in fact had nothing to do with the page at all, except
having the same username as the original author.
When Single Login™ comes, there should be no problems like this, but untill
then, I think that the author name in the history should point back to the
original wiki, regardless of whether there is a user by that name or not on the
Can't really do anything about this. Most accounts are the
same (if there) or not. There's no facility for indicating
*** Bug 6525 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Another problem as far as I can see: the transwikied texts (here: from
cs.wikipedia to cs.wikisource) doesn't seem to be counted by NUMBEROFARTICLES. I
transwikied two ones (yesterday and the day before yesterday), and i have still
the same number here. ~~~~
Please report separate bugs separately. This bug has been
resolved WONTFIX and no further action will be taken on it.