Last modified: 2004-10-03 00:30:38 UTC
In Wikipedia, when displaying a Category:Foo that has articles or subcategories,
but no contents, the following error is displayed:
Wikipedia does not yet have a page called Foo.
* To start the article, type in the box below and click "Save page". Your
changes will be visible immediately.
* Please do not create an article to promote yourself, a website, a product, or
a business (see Wikipedia:Policy).
* If you are new to Wikipedia, please read the tutorial before creating your
* If you create a test page, you will not be able to delete this yourself, so
please only use the sandbox for experiments.
This is followed by the list of member subcategories, the list of member
articles, and an edit box.
A better result might be:
* This category is an [[:Category:Orphaned categories|orphan]]. [Click here] to
de-orphan or add a note to it. It will display as a "red link" until someone
* To add articles or subcategories to this category, you need to edit the page
you want to add, and add the text <nowiki>[[Category:Foo]]</nowiki> near the
bottom of the page, above the interwiki links. Please check that a more
appropriate category does not already exist before doing so.
...followed by the list of member subcategories and articles (no cumbersome edit
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 626 ***