Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:56:42 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 5902 - TOC does not have correct language
TOC does not have correct language
Status: CLOSED FIXED
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
Internationalization (Other open bugs)
1.6.x
PC Windows XP
: Normal normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2006-05-10 21:45 UTC by Gunter Schmidt
Modified: 2010-05-15 15:56 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments

Description Gunter Schmidt 2006-05-10 21:45:02 UTC
I post this as one bug even if this may be multiple bugs, they seem to be related.

I installed wiki (linux and windows) with default language en.

I then edited LocalSettings.php
$wgLanguageCode = "De"; #You may use any language of your choice, e.g. Es

1) First Bug (Minor):
In the user preferences you will find a language entry marked: De - De which has the odd effect, 
that the texts display in english.

2) Second Bug (Normal):
Now you choose in preferences language De - Deutsch or any other language other than En.
Displaying a page with a table of content you will see "content (hide)", even though MessagesXx.php 
has got "toc" = "any text".

3) Third Bug (Minor):
Only works with user preferences language De - Deusch:
In MessagesDe.php the entry "copyrightwarning2" is missing, thus the englisch copyright warning is 
displayed when editing a page.
Comment 1 Niklas Laxström 2006-05-10 23:13:03 UTC
1) ??? 2) confirmed 3) not a bug

What comes to 1) did you run maintenance/rebuildMessage.php after changing
languagecode?

And no, these are not related.
Comment 2 Gunter Schmidt 2006-05-11 13:04:33 UTC
1) An entry like De - De or Es - Es you will get if you set<br>
$wgLanguageCode = "De";<br>
Notice the capital letter D. <br>
If you install in "en" and set this to "de", nothing happens, so I 
used "De".

Running the script did not make any difference. Might be due to the 
capital De setting
Comment 3 Gunter Schmidt 2006-05-16 08:59:16 UTC
I will close this bug, it seems to due to the fact, that I used "De" instead of "de" in 
the variable $wgLanguageCode.

1) will only appear with "De"
2) will only appear with "De"
3) is not a bug

Changing to "de" and running maintenance/rebuildMessage.php works fine.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links