Last modified: 2009-10-18 18:28:15 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 5828 - ogg files lost
ogg files lost
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: Wikimedia
Classification: Unclassified
General/Unknown (Other open bugs)
unspecified
All All
: Normal major with 1 vote (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Use...
: shell
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2006-05-04 18:01 UTC by Daniel Kinzler
Modified: 2009-10-18 18:28 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments

Description Daniel Kinzler 2006-05-04 18:01:01 UTC
I just stumbeled on a set of missing ogg files on commons (see attached url for
a list). Image description pages and entries in the image table exist, butthe
files do not. Those files where uploaded over a period of about 7 months, all by
the same user, and where not properly detected as vorbis (img_media_type is
MULTIMEDIA instead of AUDIO). 

I don't know if that is related to the files being missing - also, I found that
set of files by coincidence, there may be many more - please investigate. Maybe
something went wrong during upload? Or wher ethe files lost later on?

Somewhere, somehow, files are lost and an inconsistency with the database is
created - so I have set this to "high/major".
Comment 1 Brion Vibber 2006-06-17 11:57:46 UTC
Checking the November 2005 dump for these files...

It's possible they were deleted but that the database entry 
changes were lost for some reason (failure etc), or of course 
that something went horribly awry on upload years ago.

There's only so much you can do about investigating files that 
are so old...
Comment 2 Gregory Maxwell 2006-10-12 17:37:28 UTC
I have most (all?) of the lost files in an old backup copy of commons. However,
it will be a pain to retrieve them and verify that they are all the correct
files.  Has any of the uploaders (were they all from GerardM?) responded to this
issue?  If they still have the files it would be easier if they reuploaded (or
told us that they should have been deleted.

If I don't hear anything more I will just fix the files from my archives.
Comment 3 JeLuF 2007-09-25 18:58:50 UTC
Has this been taken care of in the meantime?
Comment 4 Aaron Schulz 2008-09-16 01:18:48 UTC
Is this still an issue?
Comment 6 Platonides 2009-03-05 17:04:03 UTC
(In reply to comment #2)
> I have most (all?) of the lost files in an old backup copy of commons.
I don't find any of them there.

The list is now gzipped:
http://toolserver.org/~vyznev/query_commons_redlink_images.tab.gz
Comment 7 Ilmari Karonen 2009-07-07 21:18:29 UTC
It seems that these files are stuck in some sort of limbo: all the pages have been deleted, but the records in the image table remain and are apparently impossible to delete on-wiki.  I think what's needed at this point is for someone with shell access to manually delete the records from the image table (plus one oldimage record for Fa-خوشحال.ogg) as well as any possibly remaining thumbnail directories and such.
Comment 8 Ilmari Karonen 2009-07-08 02:11:34 UTC
Ps. [[File:Tuli.JPG]] on Commons seems to be in a similar kind of limbo.
Comment 9 Platonides 2009-07-08 21:19:33 UTC
(In reply to comment #8)
> Ps. [[File:Tuli.JPG]] on Commons seems to be in a similar kind of limbo.

Seems a reversal of bug 15430.


Comment 10 Ilmari Karonen 2009-10-18 18:28:15 UTC
I managed to delete these files by first uploading a dummy file on top of them (so that the existence check in ImagePage::delete() passed).  I believe this particular bug can now be closed.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links