Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:56:42 UTC
While attempting to install mediawiki onto a linux webserver, the install dialog
is incomplete. After displaying the information about the specific environment
it shall run in, under the "Site config" subsection Wiki Name is displayed with
an entry field, Contact e-mail is displayed with an entry field, then Language
is displayed with a dropdown menu that is blank. The page then ends.
I set properties (CHMOD) as specified in the install faq, and attempted to
reupload the mediawiki suite 3 times before, frankly being stumped.
My configuration directory is:
* PHP 4.3.11 installed
* PHP server API is cgi-fcgi; using ugly URLs (index.php?title=Page_Title)
* Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
* PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
* Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
* Neither Turck MMCache nor eAccelerator are installed, can't use object
* GNU diff3 not found.
* Found ImageMagick: /usr/bin/convert; image thumbnailing will be enabled if
you enable uploads.
* Found GD graphics library built-in.
* Installation directory: /home/content/z/e/r/zeroraveson/html/wiki
* Script URI path: /wiki
* Environment checked. You can install MediaWiki.
Looking at the source:
<b>Warning</b>: getlanguagelist(languages/Names.php): failed to open stream: No
such file or directory in
<b>/home/content/z/e/r/zeroraveson/html/wiki/config/index.php</b> on line
Sounds bad. Maybe there is a trouble when ini_setting include_path :(
Well, I ended up looking at comparing the MD5 of the two versions of the
Names.psp - at least in the current iteration names.php got corrupted, so it is
now working although that doesnt quite explain why reuploading the directory,
repeatedly didnt resolve the issue.
Reuploading only names.php fixed it