Last modified: 2014-02-17 13:38:10 UTC
I am unable to get the math package to work, even after extensive efforts.
Here's what I've tried:
(1) compiled and tested texvc system -- it works fine from the command line
(2) ensured that dvips, convert, and latex were in the default path -- I even
added the path to those commands in render.ml as a test to see if it would help
-- it did not.
(3) ensured that all necessary subdirectories existed and were owned by "apache".
(4) edited LocalSetting.php to assign the variables correctly
(4) I tried commenting out the commands to remove temporary files in render.ml
to see if I could find where the process was getting stuck. Apparently, none of
the temporary files are being created.
Despite following the instructions as precisely as possible, testing three
different versions of mediawiki, and googling extensively, I still get the error
"Failed to parse (unknown error)" for even the simplest equation. I know this
probably isn't enough information to solve my problem, but any test suggestions
that may help me figure out what is going wrong would be greatly, greatly
Please look at your apache error log.
The error log contains:
sh: /var/www/html/che211/wiki/math/texvc: Permission denied
I've verified that all users have permission to access this file, and it is
owned by apache. However, I still get the permission denied error for some
reason. It is clearly a problem with my php/apache settings and not mediawiki.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I've googled but found nothing yet.
Finally solved this.....I'm using Redhat Enterprise Linux 4. I was using
SELinux, and the problem was the SELinux Policy. Selecting "Disable SELinux
protection for httpd daemon" I got everything to work.