Last modified: 2006-05-04 22:55:36 UTC
The language files currently include some references to the Groups special page,
and they should be cleaned.
There are some messages should be kept, however. These are the parts in the
file, by comments (please read in Messages.php):
* "User levels special page" – the comment header should be deleted.
* "switching pan" – should be deleted.
* (Blank, includes some messages from Userrights) – should be merged with "user
groups editing" followed.
* "group editing" – should be deleted.
* "user groups editing" – should be renamed to "User rights special page",
should include the second part, "userrights-logcomment" probably should be
deleted because I think it is unused ("bureaucratlogentry" is used instead).
* "Default group names and descriptions" – should be renamed to "Group names"
(no default, because we cannot change them), "-desc" parts should be deleted,
removing the suffix "-name", removing "anon" and "loggedin", "admin" should be
changed to "sysop". The reason - the names are used as the group names in
Listusers, Userrights, etc.
I want to create the patch (I haven't done it yet), because I want the Hebrew
translation will be also checked in, and I'm not a developer so I cannot check
it in by myself.
It's a pretty small change, so we should check it also into the branch.
Thank you very much.
(In reply to comment #0)
> The reason - the names are used as the group names in
> Listusers, Userrights, etc.
Please note "sysop" and "bot" groups are not translated by default ("bot" is not
shown, "sysop" is "admin" instead), show they are shown just as the group names.
It may be the same in English (except for the capital letter), but in other
languages, it is not shown well. Troll Refaim has discovered it in the Hebrew
Wikipedia and translated all the groups, but it is not done in other places, and
it should be done automatically.
Also, please don't delete "steward", although it should be included in Makesysop
rather than here, because Makesysop is still untranslated (I would like to make
it possible for translation one day).
Created attachment 1535 [details]
The patch does the things I've suggested, and:
* Adds "group" instead of old "groups-editgroup-name" used on Listusers.
* Changes some edit comments I've suggested with better ones.
* Edits the Hebrew translations on User Rights a bit.
* Fixes the Hebrew spelling of the word bureaucrat – in some
"group-bureaucrat" and "setbureaucratflag", was written as בירוקרט
instead of ביורוקרט.
Patch for REL1_6 is coming soon.
Created attachment 1536 [details]
In this diff, the software has moved the "includes" to the end of the file, and
I don't know why. However, the changes are the same, so ignore that.
(In reply to comment #1)
> show they are shown
I meant to say, "so they are shown".
Could someone please review and check in the fixes? The changes are very minor.
Did a commit to trunk based on your patch. Imho too much changes for REL1_6.