Last modified: 2009-07-24 13:39:08 UTC
1. show only one level of table of contents by default.
Faithfully displaying all levels of Headline text in TOC is not acceptable for long
pages with many Headlines.
2. Enable hide and show part of Table of contens. Not limited to just hide all and
show all options. What I want here is quite similar to Windows's folders view in its
resource explore window.
3. A floating "Table of Contents" which is always accessible on the left in a page
along with scrolling. I find the empty left part in a long page can be exploited by
put a floating TOC there. Thus We don't need to scroll back to the top of a page to
access its TOC each time
1) WONTFIX. More than one level is generally good. Maybe failing to display
some of the levels is reasonable, but just displaying one is overkill.
2) Maybe, sure.
3) Radical changes to preexisting skins are generally verboten. It could
conceivably be added as a user option, though.
In the future, please open separate bugs for separate requests.
Totally stale 'nice-to-do', some parts not practical.
REMIND is quite useless. Either we keep the bug open or depend on something external to us to happen.