Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:38:03 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 5123 - "Specified key was too long" database error on install
"Specified key was too long" database error on install
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 4445
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
Installer (Other open bugs)
1.5.x
All Linux
: Normal blocker (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2006-02-27 22:02 UTC by Marcus Bointon
Modified: 2010-05-15 15:38 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments

Description Marcus Bointon 2006-02-27 22:02:52 UTC
I'm trying to install MediaWiki 1.5.6 within a sourceforge account (which has PHP 4.3.10 and MySQL 4.1.12). I've sorted out configuration, but on 
install I get this SQL error:

Creating tables... using MySQL 3/4 table defs...Query "CREATE TABLE mw_categorylinks ( cl_from int(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', cl_to varchar
(255) binary NOT NULL default '', cl_sortkey varchar(86) binary NOT NULL default '', cl_timestamp timestamp NOT NULL, UNIQUE KEY cl_from
(cl_from,cl_to), KEY cl_sortkey(cl_to,cl_sortkey), KEY cl_timestamp(cl_to,cl_timestamp) ) TYPE=InnoDB" failed with error code "Specified key was too 
long; max key length is 1000 bytes".

Given that this is > MySQL 4.1, I've also tried the 'experimental' 4.1/5 option, but I get the same error.
Comment 1 Marcus Bointon 2006-02-27 22:58:21 UTC
Ah. Dang. This is the same as bug 4445. I tried switching the collation to latin1_general_ci and it worked.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 4445 ***

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links