Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:38:33 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 5039 - Database name is overwritten on previous installations of mediawiki
Database name is overwritten on previous installations of mediawiki
Status: RESOLVED INVALID
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
Installer (Other open bugs)
1.5.x
PC Linux
: Normal normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2006-02-19 05:20 UTC by Jason Wieland
Modified: 2010-05-15 15:38 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments

Description Jason Wieland 2006-02-19 05:20:06 UTC
I have to servers, server1 and server2.  Both servers run apache and server1
runs mysql.  I have a mediawiki (mediawiki-1.4.6) setup on server1 for company A.  

I installed the newest stable release (mediawiki-1.5.6) on server2 for another
company.  I installed it to the same database server on server1, but different
username, password and database name.  Installation went fine for the new wiki
however my old version for company A stop working I recieved this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in ObjectCache.php on
line 409

Upon investigation I saw this in my db tables of mysql database.

select Host, Db, User from db order by Db;
| %                     | musicmsn_wiki     | mbvr          |
| localhost             | musicmsn_wiki     | mbvr          |
| localhost.localdomain | musicmsn_wiki     | mbvr          |
| %                     | musicmsn_wiki     | msndb         |
| localhost             | musicmsn_wiki     | msndb         |
| localhost.localdomain | musicmsn_wiki     | msndb         |

for User 'mbvr' the db should have been 'wikidb'

I had wiki installer setup my new user 'msndb'.  Somehow it collebered 'mbvr'
database name.

I set the database back:
update db set Db='wikidb' where User='mbvr' and Db='musicmsn_wiki';

flushed privileges and it was working again


Good Luck

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links