Last modified: 2005-12-05 07:45:15 UTC
I was adding a link to [[M*A*S*H (TV series)]] to a list of TV series and I tried using the "pipe trick" like so:
[[M*A*S*H (TV series)|]]
But it didn't work, the link was broken and rednered at plain text, brackets, pipe and all. I asume the asterisks
in the tile is what is causing the problem.
Manualy typing the "title" of the link like so: [[M*A*S*H (TV series)|M*A*S*H]] works perfectly though, so it's a
very trivial problem.
This is on the English Wikipedia, not sure what version it's running, 1.5 something IIRC.
The pre-save transform which does this had a separate, out-of-date copy of the legal
title characters list. I've changed it to use the master copy in $wgLegalTitleChars,
which seems to work.