Last modified: 2005-07-01 21:54:10 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 413 - articles containing %2C and similar can be created
articles containing %2C and similar can be created
Status: RESOLVED INVALID
Product: Wikimedia
Classification: Unclassified
General/Unknown (Other open bugs)
unspecified
All All
: Normal normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2004-09-07 10:40 UTC by Andreas Hörstemeier
Modified: 2005-07-01 21:54 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments

Description Andreas Hörstemeier 2004-09-07 10:40:18 UTC
Since a few days on recent changes occasionally articles title in which some
characters (e.g. brackets, comma) are replaced by the hex-encoded value of the
character. E.g. instead of "Crud, Neil" the article resides at "Crud%2C Neil" -
and isn't accessible normally as the browser automatically replaces the %2C with
the comma. A move or delete works however. Only observed on en: so far.
Comment 1 JeLuF 2004-09-08 08:59:32 UTC
Where do these replaced characters appear? Address line, Recent Changes, New
pages, ... ?
Comment 2 Andreas Hörstemeier 2004-09-08 09:33:56 UTC
I shows on new pages, recent changes, as well as in the User contributions list.
The last one I found at New pages is [[Amon Amarth %28band%29]] by
[[User:Grappo6x6]]. Notice that the two histories are different:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Amon_Amarth_%28band%29&action=history
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Amon_Amarth_%2528band%2529&action=history
Comment 3 Andreas Hörstemeier 2004-09-09 08:38:15 UTC
The culprit is the page which shows when you navigate to a non-existing article.
The link "dit this page" below the text "Wikipedia does not have an article with
this name" masks the brackets, comma etc. The "edit this page" link on the top
of the page however directs to the correct article.
Comment 4 T. Gries 2004-09-10 06:42:00 UTC
I found a (possible) solution to this problem:

In Article.php:

I have changed all accesses to the database usign $title or
$this-mTitle->getDBKey() with wfStrncode(*) of this expression.

It appears to fix this problem. 

Tom Gries 10.09.2004




I reported to wikitech-l on 09.09.2004 22:02
-----

Dear Brion,
in my opinion, there is problem in the character conversion of
pagetitles which appears when a pagename contains an apostrophe ( ' ).

I have set up a testpage having an apostroph such as
User:Nyxos/testpage_and_users'_guide . When you put it into your
watchlist or visit recent changes view, the apostroph is (still) coded
as %27 instead of being re-rendered as apostrophe.

W.r.t. recent changes listing and/or watchlist using the same modules:
Live example page:

linktext =
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Nyxos/testpage_and_users%27_guide
link underneath the linktext is coded as =
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Nyxos/testpage_and_users%2527_guide

When you follow the link, you get the message, that the page does
not exist - which is not true !
--->
when you now follow the "edit this page", you see the correct link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Nyxos/testpage_and_users27_guide
and the page text is present again.

I guess, it has to do with a mix-up of accessing the MySQL databases
sometimes with namespace:pagetitle, sometimes with page_id() and also
the MySQL statements.

Tom aka Nyxos
----
Comment 5 Brion Vibber 2004-09-10 07:13:37 UTC
This was a site-specific user error: someone replaced the {{PAGENAME}} interpolation with the escaped {{PAGENAMEE}} in the [[MediaWiki:
Noarticletext]] message. Since it was used inside a {{localurl:}} link it was already being escaped, and this caused double-escaping of the link. I've 
fixed the message and the links are now correct.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links