Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:38:25 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 3952 - Update 1.3.7 to 1.5.2 fails
Update 1.3.7 to 1.5.2 fails
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
Installer (Other open bugs)
PC Linux
: Normal major (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
Depends on:
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2005-11-13 11:32 UTC by Thommie Rother
Modified: 2010-05-15 15:38 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Description Thommie Rother 2005-11-13 11:32:52 UTC
The upgrade process does not work as smooth as described in UPGRADE text. I used
the following upgrade procedure and had reproducible errors :

1. Create database dump: mysqldump --default-character-set=latin1
gaia_wikintern>gaia_wikintern_latin1.sql -p

2. Make copy of that database: mysql gaia_wikintern15<gaia_wikintern_latin1.sql -p

3. On the commandline run maintenance/upgrade1_5.php. It shows the following
error msg:

Checking for duplicate accounts...
Found 0 accounts with duplicate records on gaia_wikintern15.

It is now safe to apply the unique index on user_name.
2005-11-13 10:52:12: Migrating user table to user_temp...
A database error has occurred
 FROM `user`
Function: FiveUpgrade::copyTable
Error: 1054 Unknown column 'user_token' in 'field list' (localhost)

GlobalFunctions.php line 451 calls wfbacktrace()
Database.php line 408 calls wfdebugdiebacktrace()
Database.php line 358 calls database::reportqueryerror()
Database.php line 734 calls database::query() line 295 calls database::select() line 626 calls fiveupgrade::copytable() line 49 calls fiveupgrade::upgradeuser()
upgrade1_5.php line 22 calls fiveupgrade::upgrade() 

4. Run mainetance/update.php. Error msg:

Initialising "MediaWiki" namespace...
A database error has occurred
Query: SELECT old_text,old_flags  FROM `text`  WHERE old_id = '4399'  LIMIT 1
Function: Revision::loadText
Error: 1146 Table 'gaia_wikintern15.text' doesn't exist (localhost)

GlobalFunctions.php line 451 calls wfbacktrace()
Database.php line 408 calls wfdebugdiebacktrace()
Database.php line 358 calls databasemysql::reportqueryerror()
Database.php line 734 calls databasemysql::query()
Database.php line 753 calls databasemysql::select()
Revision.php line 574 calls databasemysql::selectrow()
Revision.php line 370 calls revision::loadtext() line 185 calls revision::gettext() line 72 calls initialisemessagesreal() line 670 calls initialisemessages()
index.php line 609 calls do_all_updates()

If I add this table manually from the tables.sql (
  `old_id` int(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `old_text` mediumblob NOT NULL,
  `old_flags` tinyblob NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`old_id`)

and run update.php afterwards, I get no errors during that script. But finally I
have a wiki with empty pages.

Environment data:
- mysqld Ver 4.0.15 for suse-linux on i686
- PHP 4.3.3 linux

Note: describes more or less
the same problems with an upgrade 1.4.9 >> 1.5rc4. 

For debugging: I have some time today for IRC.
Comment 1 Brion Vibber 2005-11-16 22:34:01 UTC
Run update.php for general upgrades.

upgrade1_5.php is a special-purpose *partial* migrator for 1.4->1.5 only. It will not work with1.3 
It may not work with early 1.4.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.