Last modified: 2012-06-21 13:49:55 UTC
When installing after manual (copying new files, deleting old LocalSettings.php
and tried to run setup) this happened:
* PHP 4.3.4: ok
* Warning: PHP's register_globals option is enabled. MediaWiki will work
correctly, but this setting increases your exposure to potential security
vulnerabilities in PHP-based software running on your server. You should disable
it if you are able.
* PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs (index.php/Page_Title)
* Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
* PHP's memory_limit is 32M. If this is too low, installation may fail!
* Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
* Neither Turck MMCache nor eAccelerator are installed, can't use object
* GNU diff3 not found.
* Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be enabled if
you enable uploads.
* Installation directory: /home/httpd/vhosts/meta-showdown.de/httpdocs/wiki
* Script URI path: /wiki
* Warning: $wgSecretKey key is insecure, generated with mt_rand(). Consider
changing it manually.
Notice: Undefined variable: wgUseTurckShm in
/home/httpd/vhosts/meta-showdown.de/httpdocs/wiki/includes/Setup.php on line 158
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/home/httpd/vhosts/meta-showdown.de/httpdocs/wiki/includes/User.php on line 320
Funny... line #320 in user.php is EMPTY. Can't go on. Tried to update from
1.4.7. No custom changes made to wiki.
It sounds like you may have a mix of files from different versions. Please confirm
that you have the correct files.
Well yes and now. The manual did wrong when it says "overwrite existing files
with new ones". Instead you have to delete more files than just the
LocalSettings.php and that admin file.
Just a mistake in the manual... After deleting and uploading everything but the
images it started working again.
*** Bug 31893 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***