Last modified: 2012-02-21 11:12:06 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 3425 - Bad content type for SVG source
Bad content type for SVG source
Status: CLOSED WORKSFORME
Product: Wikimedia
Classification: Unclassified
SVG rendering (Other open bugs)
unspecified
All All
: High normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia...
:
: 2419 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2005-09-11 13:33 UTC by Daniel Kinzler
Modified: 2012-02-21 11:12 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments

Description Daniel Kinzler 2005-09-11 13:33:12 UTC
when trying to download the source of an svg, the server returns
"application/octetstream" as the mime type (which causes my FF to want to open
it as OGG, for whatever reason). This needs to be changed to "image/svg+xml" in
the apache configuration.
Comment 1 JeLuF 2005-09-11 16:33:05 UTC
Added svg to mime.types file on albert.
Comment 2 wiki.pedia.WiseFool 2005-12-03 03:00:53 UTC
The MIME type right now is "image/svg", which will work for most viewers, but
it's not correct. It should be "image/svg+xml"
Comment 3 Brion Vibber 2005-12-03 06:35:19 UTC
Looks right to me...

Content-Type: image/svg+xml
Comment 4 wiki.pedia.WiseFool 2005-12-04 04:50:50 UTC
You already replied that you'd fix it back in Wikipedia's Village Pump, but for
the sake of the bug: it's apparently just a display problem on the Image: pages,
which say "MIME type: image/svg".
Comment 5 Daniel Kinzler 2005-12-04 13:49:58 UTC
To clarify:

The mime type used internally by MediaWiki for SVG is image/svg - that's how it
is recorded in the database, and thus shown on the description page. This is
actually my fault, I did that wrong when I wrote the MimeMagic stuff.

Note that the MIME type in the HTTP header is unrelated to the one used by
MediaWiki, because image files are not served through MediaWiki, but directly by
the webserver.

MediaWiki could be made to use the correct mime type internally by changing the
code in the five or so places where "image/svg" is hard-coded, and then updating
the entries in the database. I'm not sure if that is worth the effort, though.
Comment 6 Brion Vibber 2005-12-05 00:39:26 UTC
I would prefer it to be consistent with the correct type, if possible...
However this should be moved to a new bug, because this bug referred
to an actual, unrelated, server misconfiguration some months back.
Comment 7 Zigger 2005-12-05 14:26:00 UTC
*** Bug 2419 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links