Last modified: 2008-01-13 19:03:38 UTC
I propose the following enhancements to MediaWiki:
1. Any historical revision of an article may be flagged with a special,
general-purpose "verified" flag, which can only be set by a user with a special
"verifier" status. This flag can be used for any purpose, with the suggested
purpose being to state that said revision has been verified as factually
accurate to the fullest extent of the reviewer's knowledge.
2. Any account may be flagged with the above mentioned "verifier" flag, although
only by an administrative account by default.
3. Verifier accounts may be given article, categorical or global scope, with the
verifier able to verify revisions for their set article, a set category or the
entire wiki, respectively.
4. Due to the limits of the above, multiple scopes may be assigned at a time to
a single verifier account.
5. Any user can set their preferences to display only verified articles,
unverified articles with a link on the article to the last verified version
(unless the current article is verified), or to keep the current system and only
display verified articles in History and as they arrive.
see [[meta:Article_validation]] and [[meta:Help:Patrolled_edit]]
* bug 3044
* bug 3303
can we fold this into 4288?
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 3303 ***