Last modified: 2010-11-23 08:08:59 UTC
- Upload page - Confirm all uploads succeeded (transfer and initial parse of files)- click to continue
Here's my interpretation of what this bug means to be implemented. This interacts with other things I'm trying to fix, too.
As always it helps to consider the cases where things fail.
- Each upload gets a second "status line" to explain what, if anything, has gone wrong with the upload.
- The "Upload and continue" button changes into an "Upload" button, that is to the bottom right of the widget. It goes directly underneath the spinner/checkmark/warning icons.
- When "Upload" is clicked, it disappears, and the uploads are kicked off.
- When uploads fail, a status line underneath the filename explains why, if possible. Like "File is corrupted!" or "Network problem" or "Unknown errors while uploading". Some failures are recoverable and some aren't, and that knowledge affects what options we give.
- If all uploads succeed, that space that was occupied by Upload is replaced with a large-size message with a continue button, like "All uploads succeeded. [ Continue ]"
- If no uploads succeed, but at least one of them is in a recoverable state the lower-righthand space is replaced with a large-size message with a retry button, like "These uploads/This upload didn't work! [ Retry? ]"
- If the situation was mixed, we give the user two options, like this: "Some uploads didn't work, [ Retry ]? Or just [Continue]."
As it happens, this is exactly analogous to what happens on the Flickr Upload form, but was arrived at independently.
implemented in r77136