Last modified: 2013-11-19 16:12:04 UTC
I've found lot of blabla on this subject but no clear answer for a problem which
one main point of awful mess in wikipedia are categories... would it be possible
to create new types of category for the next release of wikimedia : for example
a type "sub category" and a type "related category"
all articles belonging to the sub-category would belong to the upper category
all articles belonging to the related-category wouldn't belong to the upper category
thanks for your answer
Changed the bug summary from "categories : sub and related" to "Allow recursive categorization".
I mean, the category tag should be signed by a attribute which would express a type of relation:
- hyponymic relation (a sort of...)
- meronymic relation (a part of..., a member of...)
- attributing relation (by color, shape, size, ability or disability, nationality, technique, quality, awards etc.) including locative and timing categorization
- agentive and influence relation: (creator/work, device/product, company/product, discipline or profession/their subjects and terms, parent/children, subordination, owner/property, initiator/follower etc etc.)
- affiliation or modification: (affinity, derivation, former/newer identity etc.):
Category-view tools should allow to filter the content from subcategories according to the type of relation.