Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:33:00 UTC
I was attempting to install MediaWiki 1.4.4 and failing. I finally tried
changing the mysql passwords. Once I used to passwords that didn't contain
special characters, the install succeeded. This included my mysql root password.
The non-alphanumeric characters in my old mysql passwords were \, ., <, and %
I'm not certain which of these were the source of the problem. It might also
have been my Sysop's password which used to have a :
It would be adequate for this limitation to be checked in the install. I don't
think that it necessarily needs to fixed globally.
Should now work for 1.5; change made in CVS HEAD.